New member 8month tropical novice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaycon85

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388949832.462372.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388949885.812457.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388949934.820609.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388950080.097616.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388950158.585514.jpg

Here are a few shots of my 60l tetra art fish tank containing
1 plec
2 silver sharks
Not fully doing my research before purchasing I now know I will be needing to set up a larger tank to house this fish in due time
4 tetra neon/glow light ?
4 guppies not sure on the sexes
2 Sterbai corys (my fave, with the plec who hides most of the time hence the plants to provide plenty of cover for my shyer fish)
1 gourami not sure on the exact species as dif shop owners give dif answers but it's got orange stripes
1 gourami with blue spots ?

I have tried to recreate a natural environment for the fish and welcome all advice as being so new to the tropical fish game,
I have owned my tank about two years only setting it up aprox 8 months ago gradually adding plants and fish in stages ever since any suggestions as to what other fish may work in this tank or as to numbers of fish suitable (realising the plec and two sharks will need rehousing to a larger tank ) maybe a couple more Sterbai ? Guppies or neons ?
Anyway I look forward to participating with this forum and increasing my knowledge and joy of aquariums hopefully I will be brave enough to try salt water fish in the future ?
And basically hi I'm jay from England

Hi Jay. Welcome to AA! :)

The plant in the second picture with yellow outlines on the leaves is dracaena (I think). It is not truly aquatic and will eventually rot. Just FYI.

Welcome! Your tank looks nice. It s all a learning experience :). I got started with a tank a year ago, it came with a Pleco, 2 Bala sharks & goldfish. Thank goodness I found AA!
You ve prob read this by now, but Cory's like to be in groups , I have 6 Sterbai & really like them. They re such happy & mellow little guys (fish can be happy, right?).
Hope you enjoy the forum & have many years of enjoyable tank watching.

Smashing to be honest I was going to get shot as it's already started seems a bit bizarre that pets at home sell these without any kind of advice but I'm used to their products dying like that, thanks for the advice

And thank you it is a real pleasure tinkering and watching them in their environment and I defo like to think that they can be happy and playful, I got a blue nightlight to hopefully see my plec a bit more ......fingers crossed

What is your opinion on those blocks that make bubble curtains ? Pros n cons ?

I m not a huge fan although I do have one across the end of the Ryukin tank that I care for at work. I prefer a bubble stone in a corner, preferably by the filter outlet & then I put a control valve on it so I can control the amount of bubbles. Usually have it set at 50%.

Back
Top Bottom