New Member - Already Hooked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rudymanitou

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just wanted to take the time to say hi to everyone. We look forward to learning lots from all of the seasoned veterans out there.

We started our first tank 4 weeks ago and it has been a whirlwind ride. Everyone told me it was such a stress reliever, lol, yeah right. We are more stressed now then before.
We know this is just a temporary thing, from what we had read here so far, the initial 4 to 6 weeks can be the hardest.

We started with a 20 gallon tank. It came with a Tetra Whisper Filter which we have since changed to a Aqua Clear 20 to 50 gallon Filter. Best thing we could have done. I put in 2 new Coralife 50/50 Compact Fluorescent 10 watt lights ( wishing we had paid the extra 1o bucks more for each light and got the 20 watt).

Me and my wife are both gardners at heart so it was an easy descision when we decided to do this, that it would be a fully planted aquarium. We are so glad we went that route because it looks amazing now and so relaxing to look at.

So far we have placed in the aquarium the fish below,
3 Black Skirt Tetras
3 Schwartzi Cory Cat's
2 Panda Cory Cat's
3 Serpae Tetras
2 Sunset Wag Platy's
2 Spotted green Platy's
1 Red Tailed Shark ( MY FAVORITE)

We are looking forward to getting to know people and learning as much as possible.

Take Care

hey welcome to AA, I just joined recently and everyone on here is super friendly and helpful :D don't be afraid to ask questions, no one on here gets upset at someone elses mistakes, which is a nice change from yahoo answers :p

welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom