New member big problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firewrangler81

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New member and new reefer, I have a 90 gallon tank with perfect water conditions, both of my cardinalfish have died today, took a water sample to my lfs and was told nothing wrong, just installed my new ati dimmable 48" 6 light fixture last night and started the break in period for the bulbs. I also have 2 clowns, a yellow tang, a tiger striped sea star, several hermits and snails.

New member and new reefer, I have a 90 gallon tank with perfect water conditions, both of my cardinalfish have died today, took a water sample to my lfs and was told nothing wrong, just installed my new ati dimmable 48" 6 light fixture last night and started the break in period for the bulbs. I also have 2 clowns, a yellow tang, a tiger striped sea star, several hermits and snails.

Were they banggai cardinals? If so were they tank raised? If they were wild caught, I have never seen them live long. If tank raised then there is another issue. Did your lfs tell you the exact parameters? Did the fish appear healthy before they died?

They were healthy, do not know if they were tank raised or wild caught, I was feeding them flake food but never saw them eat at feeding times

Do you have a test kit? You said you took your water to the LFS to get tested. You really ought to have a test kit. Unless they gave you the exact parameters, the LFS's idea of "good parameters" may be different than yours (ie, you may think only 0 nitrate is good, they might think 10ppm is good, etc)

Back
Top Bottom