New member eager to start his tank and get advice!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deepC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, so this is a first for me.
I live in miami, FL and i know NOTHING ABOUT SALTWATER TANKS.

Never had a tank, always loved them, never had one. lol

My first step in, was take my ignorance of this hobby into consideration. I purchased a 2-1/2g tank. Now i know most of you are wondering why in the world i would do that or what i could fit in it for that matter. I have friends with tanks and one thing i keep hearing is that a saltwater tanks needs TLC. I have decided to start off small and if all goes well i will be moving into a 20gal long(i like it much better than the tall)

List of what i have

2 1/2gal tank
10gal and a 2 - 5gal filter
I have added the water and the salt.

and TADA!! that is all lol
My next step i believe is the sand

One question, they sell 10lbs bags of live sand but i know thats way too much for my needs, can i go out to the ocean and get sand there?????

Before posting i looked through the site and i loved some of the setups and some not so much, but either way i really appreciate what you guys have done and the success you've had and i wonder if anyone from time to time is willing to offer some advice...

thanks ( i will have pics of the tank up very soon)

-Cheers

Welcome!

Rule of thumb (especially for saltwater tanks I believe) is the smaller the tank, the more difficult to maintain. Good luck!

Welcome!

Rule of thumb (especially for saltwater tanks I believe) is the smaller the tank, the more difficult to maintain. Good luck!

hi,

i have to support this theory. although i have only kept one swimming pool here in vegas it was a ten footer and my friends that kept large ones seemed to have a much easier time then i did. ( also my experience was only with swimming pools ;) )

-eaglefeather

Welcometo AA. Just take into consideration that it will Be alot harder to keep a tank that small . But good luck.

Welcome to AA, DeepC...whatever size you do...have fun with it...but do listen to the knowledgeable members here...they really know what they are talking about...

-----------

Curly

Back
Top Bottom