New Member - First Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

machinehead13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

I just recently set up a new 10 gallon tank as my infant daughter loves to watch the fish swim! Since I am completely new to this, I figured joining a community like Aquarium Advice would be a good idea :)

So far I have 2 Platy, and 3 Neon Tetra with plans to add more Tetra in a week or so.

-Kyle (machinehead13)

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 63
Good luck. I don't know how much you know about fish keeping, but be sure to do the 15 to 25% water changes on w a week, treat new tap water, and test the water now and again.

I'm fairly new my self. I started about 9 months ago. There were a lot of things I didn't know starting out.

Thanks for the advice Taiken! I knew nothing before setting up the tank, so I did a fair bit of research. I was able to cycle the tank ok with the 2 platies (doing daily 25% water changes for the first few days), and I've got a water conditioner to remove the chlorine.

So far so good... well the fish seem happy enough anyways :)

:welcome: to the forum! Sounds like you've got a good stock going! The only thing I would suggest (if u haven't already) would be purchasing a API freshwater master test kit. That'll keep it so you know when to do water changes and vacs.

AA sounds like aquariums anonymous LOL. but seems to fit most of us LOL again. welcome to AA and the hobby

Wow, that is a nice 10 gallon. Looks rather large in the pose, compared to our 10g. You must've used one of those panoramic cameras, then? :)

Back
Top Bottom