New Member from NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dominus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all!

I just joined up and I am still relatively new to the hobby but the last two months have been spent researching and absorbing as much information as possible so that I don't make the same mistakes I did on my first tank again. That being said I go to a Military/Regimented college so having a fish tank really isn't allowed. So naturally my Roommate (doesn't help much) and I decided to go ahead and purchase a Marineland 5 Gallon Hex tank! It gets put under the bed carefully for inspections but otherwise is doing great and none of the officers know about it not that I think they would care.

The tank which we named the Ludus (from the show Spartacus) Is planted with a small Micro sword and an Anubius but will hopefully get at least two new plants this weekend. For livestock we have Gannicus the Betta and three Amano Shrimp in there right now (unnamed). Everyone is doing well and the tank has cycled now as it goes into its second month. Two of the shrimp have molted and enjoy sitting on the Anubius and eating Algae (I hope not eating the plant itself!) We are hoping to find a new home for Gannicus soon to allow room for Crixus the Dwarf Gourami! Not sure how the Gourami will do with the shrimp but I am hoping for the best!

I have learned so much from you guys and look forward to keep reading and posting on these forums.

Thank you,
-John

Welcome to AA.
Here's to keeping your secret. Lets hope none of your Officers are members. But just in case, don't ever mention your name or the name of your school.
Very cool names by the way. Loved the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom