New member here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lay6488

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone my husband and I love tanks and have had some in past and wanted to start back up in the hobby we have a 36 gallon bow front for our daughter currently being recycled we had bad time with ammonia and had to start over thankfully there was no fish in tank we also have a 90 gallon with aquatop cf500 filter, aquatop circulation pump and Eco red substrate with flora spore to help plant growth( as I was told) and we have 48" Elive led pod light now I'm not good with technical names / aspects just trying to get back into tanks but we want a real easy care planted tank so if anyone can help with want are easy plants to deal with it and what type of care they take would be much help. we want a cichlid tank, also once tank is completely cycled what types would be good pairs and how many can we get with our tank. We want bright and colorful fish ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392846270.696130.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392846326.805996.jpg
Love reading all the threads for about a month now and decided to join

Love your aquariums! I would recommend getting some convict cichlids! They're attractive and fun fish :) but if you want something brighter I would go with africans :3 but really its just about what you personally like!

Thank you very much we had a 75 gallon bow front we had to take down seals were bad glass was starting to get weak we had oscars they were rehomed... Looking at what is good pairing(other types) for cichlids and what is a good amount to have in tank

Welcome to AA! :)

How many pods does your lighting fixture have? Assuming you have this Elive LED Track Light - 10 Pod - 10W - 48 in.| thatpetplace.com.

Easy starter plants that I'd look at would be vallisneria, anubias, mosses, cryptocorynes, and floaters. It really depends on the amount of light you have.

Definitely don't stock african cichlids if you want plants.

Ok great thank you I'll look into the plants and what are a good pairs for them?
We have 2 blue pods and 8 white Pods at the moment can get more but is this enough light for plants or not right type of light also I've read when having plants you need co2 what is this and would I need it?

I've never used that light, but I think it would be fine for your tank and most of those those plants. You don't need CO2 unless you are running a high light tank with harder to keep plants. You may actually have too much light, but the addition and maintenance of a floating plant would solve that problem should it arise.

Back
Top Bottom