new member in maryland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cargod78

Aquarium Advice Regular
hello all, im a new member here. just got into the hobby about a year ago. I have a 29 gallon fresh water planted and a 20 gallon hexagon freshwater unplanted..

29 gallon :
2- orange von rio tetra
2- lemon tetra
2- black tetra
2- marble angel
2- red swords (male and female)
2- firebellied toads
3- albino halfbeaks (very small)
3- glass cats
3- pea puffers (very small)
3- red claw shrimp
1- alge eater
1- blue platty
1- flower shrimp

20 gallon hex

10 ghost shrimp
1 betta
6 neon tetra
1 zebra snail

oh, and both tanks are sand substrait.. i hate gravel... i have black sand and neaon colored plants (fake) in the 20 gallon hex (my daughters) and natural sand in the 29 gallon planted

Cargod78 said:
oh, and both tanks are sand substrait.. i hate gravel... i have black sand and neaon colored plants (fake) in the 20 gallon hex (my daughters) and natural sand in the 29 gallon planted

Sounds like cool tanks!

imagehce.jpg

Hey I live in md too! Where'd you get your pea puffers I've looked for months for them

Also bad idea to keep FBT in there.. They are very toxic. I have one in a species only tank they are great don't need much space. Are the pea puffers trying to attack the other fish? I'm surprised you can house that type of variety..

I think there's a few but I go to the one in glen burnie. It's actually really nice if you ever are near check it out. They have a true giant gourami in the front (crazy!) and a huge selection of corals. Kind of cramped but there's so much there just need to go aisle by aisle lol.

Ill have to check it out some time. Exotic Aquatics is nice too. Thats in Parkville on E. Joppa rd. they have a ton of stuff. i think they are in the process of changing locations (still staying in parkvile/perryhall area i believe though)

I'm definitely going to check it out it's on my way home from college. Especially if they have puffers!!

Theres a place on Bel Air rd also called Tom's Tropicals. I believe they have puffers also, last time I was there they did. Its a tiny place but we go there for most of our fish. We go to Exotic Aquatics for other things too

corinne118s said:
Also bad idea to keep FBT in there.. They are very toxic. I have one in a species only tank they are great don't need much space. Are the pea puffers trying to attack the other fish? I'm surprised you can house that type of variety..

Well, they are small but I have had them for about 6 months and they have shown no aggression at all toward the other tank mates. As for the FBTs I an moving them to their own 10 gallon

House of tropical is awesome, tom's is good too, but their staff are mostly kids that don't know or care about the fish/reptiles they sell. There is an older black guy with fuzzy grey hair at house of tropicals I think his name is Greg, he is the best. He used to have a FS in Baltimore city that I went to as a kid, really knowledgeable.

Every guy I've talked to at house of tropicals knows their stuff. But if I know exactly what I'm getting I don't really care either way just in ad out

Back
Top Bottom