new member! (Not so new to the hobby)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mackwell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, I'm Neil. but a lot of people call me Macky because my middle name's Mackenzie. my addiction to this drug started about five years ago when I purchased a young tiger oscar, and my obsession grew just about as fast as it did. he currently lives in my basement in a 120 along with a rather large pleco and a huge piece of driftwood. since the one Oscar, I have started many other freshwater tanks. I have a 10g planted with corys, snails, CPD's and gold white clouds (soon to be upgraded to a 16H), a 29g that just kinda serves as a place for anything to go (there's just a young pleco and a Mickey Mouse platy in there along with a bunch of ramshorns), a 55g with a turtle that I got in 1st grade...he's like 14 now. And my latest project has been a 2.5g planted betta tank. I recently made a stand and filtration system for it and although my efforts to make an HC carpet drove me nuts and made me lose my patience, it's now rescaped to just java ferns on driftwood. so there. That's my story. Also, I have a bad habit of not checking water parameters enough so I hope to become better in that department. hope you enjoyed!

hi macky,
good to see another MTS newbie here. would love to know what u see in your oscar, everytime i see them at LFS they freak me out. think i may be a small fish person.:p As for the water testing, ever since i bought a master test kit, i have been more paranoid then ever. i really believe that your fish will tell you if anything is not quite right.
what sort of cory do you have, i thought about getting some for my 200 litre tank, currently only have kuhli loaches in there, but not sure how big the corys grow.
anywho......welcome.

Welcome to the site. You seem like you can really contribute to the site with some useful knowledge!

leayrstar: oscars are awesome! They're smart and they have personality. my cat walks up to the tank and he flares his gills and opens his mouth and swims at the glass. He's very bold. and also I love cories. I have 4 juliis, 3 albinos and a panda. none of them are much more than an inch, maybe 1 1/4 ish

Welcome to Aquarium Advice, enjoy the website! :welcome: I also have Pandas and Juliis, they are great! Cories are one of my favorite freshwater fish. ;)

I enjoyed reading your story by the way! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom