New Member w/ questions! Help a guy out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heathro

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi my name is Heath. I am a Journeyman Electrician by trade and a newbie to the aquarium hobby. I have a lot of the slang and jargon down by reading several different topics and threads on the internet, but still feel like I am just learning so much.

I currently have a 75G saltwater FOWLR aquarium that I have enjoyed for almost 2 years now. It has an Emperor 400 filter and an Eshopps protein skimmer. The livestock includes a blue tang, a yellow tang, 2 percula clown fish, a Nigerian triggerfish, and a watchman goby. Also, a coral banded shrimp, a few hermit crabs, and several turbo snails.

I just purchased (like I go get it this weekend) a 90 Gallon tank online. I got a pretty smoking deal on it (I think) for $160. It comes with what appears to be an Emperor 400 filter, some sort of protein skimmer, and the biggest red neck light fixture I have ever seen in my life! (literally it has 2 sets of lamp holders screwed into some 1"x2"s with exposed wiring to a ballast mounted below the tank that has a lamp cord wire nutted into the 120 volt power wiring). Nice huh? Its current livestock are 2 Chromis and 2 large clowns. There are also 2 spiny starfish that appear to be pretty decent size also. I figure I am scrapping the light and probably the filtration and skimmer, and have been looking into either a sump filtration or a canister filter setup. Any suggestions here are most appreciative. (I have a 29 Gallon tank that I could use for a sump)

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and let you guys know what I am working with. I look forward to reading more of your posts in the coming weeks.

Welcome to AA! :) I have freshwater fish myself, but look forward to seeing pictures of your tank and hearing about your fish. :)

Back
Top Bottom