new member w/ stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dubwise

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New member here.
I am really enjoying all the posts I have been reading. Lots of good advice and tips.
I have a 29 gallon planted tank.
Current Stock:
5 neon tetras – all female
3 Bala Sharks almost 2 inches (they will be moved when too large for the tank)
3 Red Wag Platties – 2 female one male
5 Zebra Danios
1 Pleco
Can anyone suggest another tank mate? I’m interested in snails, shrimp and frogs.

Welcome to the forum.

Do you know which species of pleco you have? Some reach 2 feet long.

You'd be best served moving those bala sharks now. If you wait until you feel they're too big for your tank, they're probably already suffering from stunted growth. The balas require roughly 50 gallons for juveniles, 100 for adults.

Frogs do best in species-only tanks as when kept with fish, they quite often don't get their fair share of the food. There are many options for snails or shrimp, what do you like?

Welcome to the forum.

Do you know which species of pleco you have? Some reach 2 feet long.

You'd be best served moving those bala sharks now. If you wait until you feel they're too big for your tank, they're probably already suffering from stunted growth. The balas require roughly 50 gallons for juveniles, 100 for adults.

Frogs do best in species-only tanks as when kept with fish, they quite often don't get their fair share of the food. There are many options for snails or shrimp, what do you like?

Thanks for the advice on the Balas...we will probably move them to our aquaponics system, but will wait until they are big anough not to get eaten by our catfish... ...its about 250 gallons...they should be happy there...

i like the mystery snails and i'm not very knowledgable about shrimp...

My tank is cloudy and fish are gasping for air at the top.they r dying one by one I need some advice

Please create your own thread, adding in all of your tank information, readings, stock, etc. and we will help.

I am terrible with names. Here is a pic. The one with the red on its leaves is fake.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120815_201007.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120815_201007.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom