New member with new 10g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovepercs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone my name is lovepercs, i came across this site when i was trying to find info about saltwater tanks and i thought it would be a good idea to join so that if i have other questions i could get help from other aquarium enthusiasts. right now i am working on my first saltwater tank,it is 10 gallons with 6lbs of live rock, a crushed coral substrate and a maxi-jet 400 for my powerhead. My tank has been cycling for a little over a month, so i have finally added 3 blue legged hermit crabs, 1 turbo snail last week and today i have added my first fish its a false percula. I only have one question, when i introduced my false percula to the tank it just stayed in the corner. Is it because my powerhead is to strong? or is it just adapting to the new change? thanks for reading and plz write back:D

Last edited:
Hi! Welcome to the forum. :)

I think the clown will get used to the tank after a few days. They are quirky little fish so what may seem odd is actually normal. LOL

Did you test your water while you were cycling? Did you add an ammonia source? Also, hate to say it but a clown is pretty much maxing out your tank. They can grow to a couple inches so a 10g isn't the optimum tank for them.

Good luck though!

yup i tested everything at my lfs and they said it was just perfect, i will probably get a larger tank in about 3 months so that i can have a big reef aquarium. Im thinking about making it myself, it will be about 90 gallons. then i can keep more fishes:):)

Attachments

• IMG_0134.JPG
    IMG_0134.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom