new nanocube reef mostly aquariast in Austin TX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annsedna

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings,
Having become a major snorkel freak I placate my out of ocean times by having a salt water aquarium. For one thing, it has made me appreciate how hard it must be to keep a whole ocean healthy---it sure has not been smooth going for me.
I have a 30 gal nanocube tank, been up 1 year, great at first, then totally taken over by green hair algae at 5 monthes, then rescued by buffering the RO water and using Tropic Marin salt water and a sea hare to eat the trash, and now a nice reef tank with one fish, a Bengali cardinalfish. I've got big clumps of zenias and zoanthids as well as green mushrooms, a droopy leather coral and another common tree-like soft coral that repopulates all over the tank. I've got about 10 snails, 3 blue legged hermits and one emerald crab, plus a red bumpy seastar and a filtering pink sea cucumber. We all seem to be happy these days.
I not wild about the care, so check the ph and salinity weekly, temp and water level daily and pray to the aquarium gods. I'd like a couple more fish or some moving critter but don't want to feed but once a day. Now that cardinalfish has discovered he's the only fish, he attacks the mysis shrimp and cries for more!
I'm glad to be a part of your online community. All the best, Ann
have snorkeled in: Great Barrier Reef; Bay Islands, Honduras; Sipadan, Borneo; Raja Ampat, Indonesia (West Papau); Belize; Seychelles Is; Kenya; and Hawaii where I lived for 2 years and volunteered helping folks Id their fish sightings.

Back
Top Bottom