New parents new tank owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Asgiampetro

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

We are new parents, and with our beautiful little girl we found her love of fish. So for Christmas my wife and I went to the local pet store and purchased a 5.5 gallon all in one tank. We then got two of the small glow fish. So far the tank has made our daughter happy as she will laugh and smile as she see's the fish. Being a nervous father I have been wanting to do the best for my daughters tank as well as grow our knowledge and love for them. Any and all help and advise is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

- ASG family

Congrats on the baby girl! Happy for you. :)

Sorry to be a downer, but the minimum tank size for glo fish is 20 gallons. They need lots of room to swim. They also require groups of six or more. I'd take the glo fish back and replace it with a Betta fish. You won't be disappointed. Bettas are spectacular fish!

No downer what so ever. Thanks for telling me that the people at the pet store seemed a little unsure, so we went with what the little label said on the tank, I'll try the Betta and see.

Hi I m new to salt water tank I got the tank and p1000 trickle filter now I don't know what kind sand is good to start and shld I put sand first than water or water 1st than sand just to run for a big while please help me out .I m going crazy I want this thing to start so bad .

Hi I m new to salt water tank I got the tank and p1000 trickle filter now I don't know what kind sand is good to start and shld I put sand first than water or water 1st than sand just to run for a big while please help me out .I m going crazy I want this thing to start so bad .

Please start your own thread instead of hijacking this one with a unrelated subject

No downer what so ever. Thanks for telling me that the people at the pet store seemed a little unsure, so we went with what the little label said on the tank, I'll try the Betta and see.

You'll love the Betta fish! They have a special place in my heart lol. They are always active and can recognize their owners. You can also add a snail or two for cleaning. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom