New poster from Lansing, MI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mugginns

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all, I recently re-started my aqua hobby and I bought a 20 gallon long tank. In high school I had 2 20's and a 10, and I really enjoyed it, but college wasn't really conducive with aquariums.

I purchased 2 firemouth cichlids and 3 'bronze' corydoras that I haven't id'd yet. The firemouths never came out of their hiding spots. I have had convicts in the past and really enjoyed them as they swam about all the time, so I returned the firemouths- I just wasn't that interested in keeping them.

I found some nice silver dollars (I have to id these too - not sure which of the two common species) and had 5. I realized I had to upgrade the tank even though they are only 1 inch, and I went out and bought a 50 gallon tank with a stand and a giant HOB filter. Can't remember the name off the top of my head, but its recommended for 75g tanks. I also purchased some 'fake julii' corydoras.

I carried over the old hob filter and most of the gravel to help cycle the tank. My fish are in and are looking great. They love the openness of the aquarium and it looks awesome.

I'm interested to post here because it looks like such a large forum. I haven't heard of it previously and I had posted on various places before.

WELCOME TO AA!!!

Please do not cycle your tank with live animals.

Welcome to AA
I'm interested to post here because it looks like such a large forum.

might as well make it your home page now.LOL

Welcome to AA! Michigan is like my backyard (Toledoan), so I consider myself almost to be a part of both states, except on OSU vs. Michigan day, then I'm from Ohio 100% :)

Back
Top Bottom