New Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smarti

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone,

I've always had freshwater tanks, but this past weekend, I picked up a 125g saltwater tank, sump and all. It's a used tank so I am still cleaning it and slowly putting it together. I don't have any fish or coral yet. I'm taking it slow since there seems to be an abundance of information out there. Any advice on getting a tank started would be much appreciated! I don't want to see any fish I buy die.

Hey, I'm in the same boat. I just purchased a 14gal biocube to start a saltwater tank. I've had freshwater tanks for as long as i can remember. Never tried the salt water thing but i'm gonna give it a shot. As for the advice the only thing that has been told to me would be to allow your tank to cycle before doing anything. I plan on setting mine up in the next week or so. I've heard cycling a saltwater tank can take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks hopefully it will not take that long lol. Good luck starting your tank!

Same here i purchased a 125gallon estabilshed tank and have just been taking it slow!

Back
Top Bottom