New set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loaching around

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,
I could sit in the doctor's office all day long watching the fish. So, I decided it was time I set up another tank, since I took my 20 gallon down when I had kids and could not keep up with the maintenance. So I went big this time!! I have a 75 gallon freshwater aquarium with an under gravel filter with power heads. it is 2.5 months up and running. I started out with 4 rosy barbs and 6 pristella tetras. Then added 3 bosemani rainbows and one geophagus ( not sure which one). Now I have added 1 koi angel fish and 5 platies. Water chemistry has been good. I love clown loaches best, so I am waiting to add those guys in when the aquarium is more mature. I also really like the roseline shark, but not liking the cost of them.
I did not plan well when placing the tank. It is too close to the wall and I have a narrow area for a HOB filter. I am thinking it would be ok to put in a filter for a smaller tank, like a 50 gallon, fluval C3, that has a more narrow clearance. Since I have the undergravel filter too. I also have an old hot magnum canister filter, but can only hang on the front. How does that sound? And I would really like to make sure I have a quiet filter....my family isn't too keen on that wonderful relaxing aquarium white noise.:thanks:
Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Loach's

Your tank seems very like a very nice community tank. I have a 55 community tank with 12 skirted tetra's, 1 bristlnose pleco, 2 clown loaches, and 2 dojo loaches. All the loaches keep me entertained. I would recommend the dojos becouse in a ta tank of your size they will grow rather large, yet they are very peaceful.

Loach's

Your tank seems very like a very nice community tank. I have a 55 community tank with 12 skirted tetra's, 1 bristlnose pleco, 2 clown loaches, and 2 dojo loaches. All the loaches keep me entertained. I would recommend the dojos becouse in a ta tank of your size they will grow rather large, yet they are very peaceful.

I had a Magnum filter for a long time and about a month ago replaced it A Cascade 700 and so far I'm very pleased, it's very quiet easy to maintain and has plenty of water flow.

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Back
Top Bottom