new tank problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh matthews

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just got a 125g tank that was salt before. Used all water from 75g tank everything was fine for a month. now water is very cloudy.have done many water changes no help? oyea its freshwater now

Ok, first what are your readings? PH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. What filter are you using. What stock do you have etc. Need more info on the setup before anyone can really help.

Ok, first what are your readings? PH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. What filter are you using. What stock do you have etc. Need more info on the setup before anyone can really help.

The ph is 8.4 was always 7.6 everything else is fine. have 15 cichlids and have added live plants. filter is marineland 15 gallon undertank with 3 trays 2 have blue filtet pads the bottom has 2 bags of carbon. sorry dont know much about it got it used from a friend

i had this with my nano i used water sprit it keeps the water a lil cleaner but mine ended up as fully planted was crystal clear

oh and i always get a filter that can clean my tank up to 3 times an hour

You need to get a liquid testing kit to test for Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate.

By providing actual numbers for these readings we can better help you.

The chances are that you are experiencing a bacteria bloom which is common in new tanks. However the bad news is that this means your tank is not cycled and as such your fish maybe at risk of Ammonia/Nitrite poisoning.

If you could get some actual numbers for the above mentioned elements we can give you more help.

API FRESHWATER MASTER TESTING KIT is what most freshwater aquarists here on AA use.

Jon

Thats what i got, found out my nitrates where to high from over feeding. Was a good lesson learned, so i would have to agree with the post above we are able to help you much more.

Back
Top Bottom