new (thanks to Sharkweek)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool, I've heard a lot anout java moss and fern but will check out java mood and anubis. What are good small fish that a catfish could eat bt would also be able to breed and feed off algae and shrimp?

My bad mood was a typo lol supposed to be moss

Good to know, tjough t sounded interesting

The plants I use in my 29 gallon low light, fert only tank are
Amazon swords( I have a plantlet already)
Java. Fern
Anubias nana
Anacharis
Water wisteria
Marimo moss balls

The plants I use in my 29 gallon low light, fert only tank are
Amazon swords( I have a plantlet already)
Java. Fern
Anubias nana
Anacharis
Water wisteria
Marimo moss balls

Thats quite the list, ill check them out for sure a variety sounds better than just one or two

Oh yes, a variety makes it look more interesting, I hope I can add some more variety to it though

Hey so been watching sharkweek all week now and have been growimg more and more into the fascination in underwater life and ecosystem. Im lookig at starting my own aquarium hoping to design it as a semi-self-sufficient aquarium ecosystem. I want it to provide a food chain (though I do plan to still feed bigger fish that is difficult for a 60 gallon ecosystem to support on its own.) Also I plan to do partial water changes to keep down nitrate levels but do want plants and moss that can lower the levels and want algae eaters instead of cleaning the algae (wanting a close to natural ecosystem) but still very much in the planning stages. I joined this forum hoping for help om my journey and to help others learn fro, my journey as well.

Welcome to AA! :welcome:

I am still kind of new to the hobby, but word of advice: Start with a large tank! I currently have a 10 gallon tank, and I'm already itching to upgrade! :)

Welcome to AA! :welcome:

I am still kind of new to the hobby, but word of advice: Start with a large tank! I currently have a 10 gallon tank, and I'm already itching to upgrade! :)

Im currently looking at no less than fourty and hopefully can get a 55 or 60 for a good price

Back
Top Bottom