New to AA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovemyreef

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi! My husband and I are new to saltwater. As we've started our journey we've come across this site several times for tips and advice. So, it was time to make it official.
Our tank is 6 months old. It's 55 gal and will be reef. We have a watchman goby, a clown, yellow tail damsel and small yellow tang. We also have a bta, Kenya tree, and bicolor button polyps.
We are here to learn and share and look forward to growing our new hobby.

View attachment 68167

lovemyreef said:
Hi! My husband and I are new to saltwater. As we've started our journey we've come across this site several times for tips and advice. So, it was time to make it official.
Our tank is 6 months old. It's 55 gal and will be reef. We have a watchman goby, a clown, yellow tail damsel and small yellow tang. We also have a bta, Kenya tree, and bicolor button polyps.
We are here to learn and share and look forward to growing our new hobby.

Welcome to AA :)

Your tank looks great, and i love the set up so far. Is there an upgrade being planned in the future? unfortunatly, the yellow tang needs a tank twice yours size, and a horIzantal swimming room of at least 5 feet.

We have a 90gal in our basement that is planned for upgrade in about a year. We were told that the tang shouldn't outgrow the 55 that fast (did we receive bad info?). Our tank is currently 4ft long and there is also a clear swimming path behind the rocks from end to end as well as the space in front.

lovemyreef said:
We have a 90gal in our basement that is planned for upgrade in about a year. We were told that the tang shouldn't outgrow the 55 that fast (did we receive bad info?). Our tank is currently 4ft long and there is also a clear swimming path behind the rocks from end to end as well as the space in front.

Very good, and no it shouldnt outgrow too quickly, but alot of time if a fish is in a small enviroment it will develop disease more easily than it would have in a large tank.

Back
Top Bottom