New to AA and Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thager917

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So one day I got home from work and I have a tank with 2 fish in it. A black moor and a comet. I am thinking they are both young because they are smaller. I instantly became attached and now they are my fish even though they were bought for my children. What worries me is that they are only in a 3.5G tank. I feel they need a bigger one. I can't wait to get more advice and learn how to take care of these little fish "Stormy and Paws" :)

Crazy fish man said:
U need at least a 30 gallon tank for the both of them

The moor yes the comet you'll need something much larger. They can reach up to over a foot easily and need about a 75 minimum

Thanks for the info. I will look for a bigger tank asap :) My dad had fish when I was little but I haven't had any since. I didn't expect to be so attached.

Ya its pretty addicting lol honestly though if you own your home think about building a goldfish pond and use the inside space for tropical or saltwater :)

My dad has a pond so I may relocate the comet and I have found a deal on a 30 gal tank.

Well we lost our comet :( my son doesnt know yet so it is going to be a hard convo. He was acting really strange today and actually really aggressive. This evening he is belly up.

The tank was cycled and yes a filtration system. I called the store and they apologized they noticed the tank we got him from was ill. They werent supposed to sell. I get our money back but now have to explain it to my 5 year old :(

Just tell him that he was gonna need a much larger tank to be happy in so you gave him back to the pet store til you can keep him happy :)

Good idea. We did actually find someone with a really large pond that was willing to take him. I will just telk him they came to pick him up. Now prevention for my black moor.

Back
Top Bottom