New to AA and keen to learn.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so very sorry to hear about you fish. :( What are your water parameters today? At least it looks like your cycle is moving fast and shouldn't be long before being established.

so very sorry to hear about you fish. :( What are your water parameters today? At least it looks like your cycle is moving fast and shouldn't be long before being established.

I'm not sure what they are today I leave for work at 7am and I'm not home until 7:30pm so I haven't had a chance to test but I did do a 50% water change just to be safe as I can set that up and continue to get ready. I will test when I get home and let you know.

Since your levels went so high this time when you were away, try double-dosing with Prime before you leave as an extra safeguard. It'll help a lot.

Ok so I have just got home at tested my water..............
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390982002.028709.jpg
It's looking ok I think. I'm about to do a water change but looking good.

Looks some high nitrites there, maybe? I could be misreading the color. At any rate. You know what you're doing for sure, with all the testing and water changes. :) Hopefully your cycle will establish itself soon so you can then ease up on the water changes. It sure looks like you're heading to cycling fast, with that nitrate tube so golden orange.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391034186.132570.jpg
This is my readings from this morning. I did a 50% water change after I took these reading and did a double does of Prime.

Low ammonia, high nitrites. Hopefully those nitrites will start to drop soon. Keep up the great work. :) Venymae, you're absolutely that a fish-in can be done safely, but it takes a lot more work than non fish-in, IMO. I had to do an emergency fish-in cycle with my goldfish and I guess I'm still scarred by the experience. 80% water changes twice a day on a big tank were sooooo not fun.:hide:

Those nitrites really aren't budging, are they. Would you do me a favor and test your change water? Before you refill your tank after your next water change, just do an ammonia and nitrite test of the water you'll be refilling with. I'm curious to know what the results might be. Keep up the great work!

Back
Top Bottom