New to aquarium advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cwade

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys. Figured I would say hi and introduce myself since I'm new to the forum. But not new to the saltwater hobby. A little about me... from Indiana I got into the saltwater hobby back in 2009 with a 75g saltwater tank. Originally was going to just be a fish only tank. But quickly started to turn into a reef tank. Ended up piecing stuff together as I went throughout the first year. Spent a ton of money, time and made a bunch of mistakes. Luckily I was a member on another forum (renegadereefers which I recently found out is no longer around) everyone was very kind and willing to help anyone. Learned a bunch through all the veteran reef keepers there.
Had a thriving reef tank for a couple years till one sad morning woke up and found out I had a heater malfunction stayed on and cooked my tank over the night. I got bummed out/ upset because everything was gone so I decided to take a break for a little. With starting a new job, newly married and trying to find/buy a new house I figured it was best to lay low a bit and concentrate on the other things, then get back into it, rebuild and do the things the right way from the start again. We moved into our new house in 2012 and had a new 75g tank setting empty against a wall that we were going to transfer everything into before the crash. After looking at it every day dreaming of what it would be like finally decided the other day it was time. So now I'm getting stuff back out and cleaned up. Buying some new stuff and planning the route I want to go with it. Well i guess thats all for now looking forward to talking and getting to know everyone.

Welcome to the forum :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welcome! That's a big bummer but glad you're getting back in the water. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Back
Top Bottom