New to Aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TreyC2010

Aquarium Advice Regular
My name is Trey. I started a 55 gallon reef tank about 25 days ago. Equipment is in my profile. I have added 1- photon clownfish, 1- da vinci grade b clownfish, 1- starry blenny, 1- wheeler watchman goby w/ pistol shrimp, and 1- juvenile blonde naso tang. I have live rock and sand in the aquarium with a few ricordeas, finger leather, and toadstool corals. I actually just purchased a 150 gallon with sump that I am going to set up soon. I actually would like input on fowlr or reef for the 150 and then what to do with the 55 gallon. I love the fish and I love to spend time looking at them, getting them used to me, and just planning on more things to make it awesome.

Welcome to the forum!

I took a look at you pic. You tang looks alittle thin (but I have a yellow tang, and he was a stick when I started with him). I would use caution with those Sponge Bob decorations, I had a Pineapple in my old 37 gallon, and it started leaching paint.

I would definitely recommend you put your Naso in the bigger tank (tangs like a lot of room), and for a 150, if you don't have some high power lights, a FOWLR is great, and you can always upgrade to a reef later.

I'll watch your career with great interest!

-VADM_Mustang

Back
Top Bottom