New to fish keeping!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nature123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all! I'm new to fish keeping, and I'm going to be getting my first fish after spring break. I'm currently a freshman in college and have no experience in keeping fish. I do have herp keeping experience, ranging from monitors to retics, some bird keeping experience and that's about it. Hope some of my questions don't sound stupid!

The only stupid question is a question that isn't asked :) Welcome to the aquatic world and make sure the first thing you do is cycle your tank, everything else will fall into place as long as you've done that first :)

Welcome. Once the tank is cycled, then you may want to share what you have in mind as far as fish and other stuff. Don't know how big your tank is, but take my advice, when adding livestock start slow and keep it simple. People on the forum are always eager to help. Unlike reptiles or birds, done that as well, fish can reproduce without much turn around time. Many spwan in ways that are just amazing and some of the biggest bullys are the best parents. Have fun and P.M. if you have questions.

Back
Top Bottom