New to Fish Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommy Fish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I am new here and am looking for advice on general maintenance of a 10 gallon fresh water fish tank and what kind of food is best to feed my son's fish. We have a great fish and reptile shop here that is very helpful but not so great at answering phones.
We have the water stabilizing out and are ready to get fish in it. I have no idea what kind of fish we will be getting other than fresh water as the tank is actually my 2 year old son's tank. We're using fish as a way to start teaching him responsibility and as fish seem to be his favorite animal he is more than happy to help with anything dealing with the tank.
I am very open to any advice as the last time I was around a household fish tank I was 11 and it was my brothers tank.

Ok well it depends on the fish but most can eat the flake food but will often eat fruit ( in small portions ) veggies etc... The amount of work isn't really that bad I have a ten gallon I do a water change twice a week but you don't have to do that I only do that cause my tank is so heavily stocked. But I would do one once a week and change 25-50% of the dirty water. If you have any questions just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom