New to forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettarelm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello to all my fellow fish lovers out there (including me), i'd like to let you all know a little bit about me and what i do. I'm a super big fish freak and my favorite fish would have to be bettas. I was introduced to bettas at the age of 5 and loved them so much that i've began breeding them at the age of 10. I've bred common sorts of bettas such as plakat, halfmoon, veiltail, crowntail and doubletails and have really learned the true arts of rearing betta fries into adulthood. But now that i've become interested in other fish as well i know that i will feel the need for help someday. So as a newcomer to the forum i'd like to be able to get help from you all along the way and in return i will do the same. Thank you.

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA. :welcome:

You might want to ask questions in the appropriate forums.

Q. Do Bettas live ok in communal aquariums?

Usually depends on what kind of fish are being kept around them, what food is being used most of the time, and how strong the filtration system is. Bettas are best kept with fishes that are around their size (not too big not too small)who aren't nippy with fins and are peaceful. When bettas are introduced to communal aquariums they will eat just about anything that your other fishes eat which can sometimes cause them to become bloated if they over eat, for example over eating on fish flakes. So if you see your betta getting a bit too fat take it out or else it can get swim bladder problems, otherwise reduce the amount of food being used in that aquarium. Filtration may be important for bettas but it's best to find filters that won't cause too strong of a current, bettas don't like the strong currents especially for the ones with long fins such as halfmoons, deltas, doubletails, and veiltails. Small sponge filters work great for this. So as long as they are kept with peaceful fish around their size, not being over fed, and kept in a calm or slow moving water environment then they should be fine. Hope that answered your question and feel free to ask more whenever you need:) Thank You.

Thanks for that I have danios and Cory's at the minute and I have an internal filter that doesn't really make much of a current it brakes the surface of the water enough to put plenty oxygen in but that's it

Thanks for that I have danios and Cory's at the minute and I have an internal filter that doesn't really make much of a current it brakes the surface of the water enough to put plenty oxygen in but that's it

I've never had danios but sounds like it'll work well having a betta in there:) and no problemos.

Back
Top Bottom