New to forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosscokiwi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi new to forum, trying my luck at planted aquarium and hoping to learn so new things, any advice welcome

Attachments

• 20210714_171555.jpg
    20210714_171555.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 27
Welcome.

Just so to save you the surprise and disappointment. It is very likely that any newly planted plant will discard its old leaves and grow newer ones more suited to the new environment.

This means they may begin to look poorly but it’s not because of anything you have done wrong. Look for new leaves only.

What are you feeding the plants?

Hi thanks for that info but i knew about that, sadly these plants, are over 6 months old, have been using sea Chem range (root tabs, excel, flourish) along with fluorite substrate

Hardness has been one of the problems I've noticed, my GH is high for my liking been using api strips then confirmed with a drop test last night (161.1 ppm)

When I layer the substrate substrate I didn't have quite enough fluorite so I used some old gravel from another tank I had, this gravel had broken shells mixed in not thinking about the calcium leaching I used it any way

Have you ever thought of adding floating plants?
Not duckweed lol. But maybe frogbit or float cabomba or pearlweed?? A floater with some nice roots would make your tank even more beautiful!! :)

Hello and welcome!!!

Depending upon how involved and low or high tech plants in the aquarium are worth it!. Even low teck selections can look great and help your water parameters and fish be more comfortable and happier.

Back
Top Bottom