New to Forum 'Aquarist'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcfly

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello Everyone,

I'm an Aquarium owner in some form for over 30 years. I currently have just one tank running, a 60 Gallon Glass Aquarium stocking 'friendly' community fish. I've owned tanks up to 200 gallons in my day, and have successfully kept Saltwater & African Cichlid Aquariums in the past.

My current set up is running a PennPlax Cascade 700 Canister-Filter, with a home made evaporative cooling system, a Marineland Precision 250w heater, (2) 17" LED Light bars.

img_3395802_0_2eebb1e39f13a8de2bf0ffae625a8d85.jpg

Here's some pics of the Cooling canopy set-up, controlled by a temp control unit (Inkbird ITC1000F).

img_3395802_1_00c6ff67f0ca9b2439c8360d417b45d2.jpg

img_3395802_2_9bbcd28f103156f56fd5aad9a11fea6d.jpg

This set up has been running fantastically. Florida summers get hot, and the house gets up to 83* when we're at work... this system keeps water temps from 80*F to 77*F consistently.

Freshwater Community Tank currently stocked:
(12) High Fin Serpae Tetra
(5) Black Widow Tetra
(3) Boeseman's Rainbowfish (1f)
(3) Parkinson's Rainbowfish (3m)
(1) Albino Bristlenose Pleco
(1) Pitcus Catfish

That's about it... Looking forward to swapping 'fish stories'... :lol:

Nice looking tank! I'm really impressed with that cooling system. Summers can get quite hot in Los Angeles, and I worry about my fish. Maybe you could post a tutorial sometime about how you built it?

And welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Welcome and great idea to keep things cool as needed. Post up if you decide to branch out a bit. People here have all kinds of knowledge and ideas best of all it is free.

wondered for a second why you needed a cooling system... read the first comment left by Barliman and saw it was because of hot summers you have.... I'm in England... safe to say I won't ever get thay problem hahaha all it does is rain! ?

Back
Top Bottom