New to Forum plus water problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wookie32

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone,

Wookie here I'm new to world of forums. I have been interested in tropical fish for years and have had a few different tanks and fish over this time.

Currently I have a 4ft 182litre (approximately 50 gallon). In this thank I have 4 Sail fin Mollies
Angel, 2 Clown Loach, Pakistani Loach, Spotted Gourami, Kribensis, Lace Gourami, 5 Dawg Neon Rainbow and a Synodontis Eupterurs Catfish all leaving very happily together.

But I have run into a problem with my water for 2 year the water was at Ph. 7.6, Ammonia 0.00, Nitrite and Nirate at 0 GH. 180 ppm. I'm running 2 filters 1 hanging on the back and 1 in tank. For some reason my Ph has jumped to 8.20 then 8.80. I do a 30% water change weekly. Only change in chemicals is now use Biotope conditioner & vitamin supplement instead of Serenity water conditioner. No new fish have been added or taken out in the past 4 months. Also tried adding Ph down when doing the water changes.

Any suggestions to low the Ph back to 7.60 where it has been for the past year.

Back
Top Bottom