New to Forums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaryThompson

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone -

I'm new to the site, and relatively new to keeping an aquarium... or I should say that although I've had tanks of fish a few times in the past, this is the first time I've really been interested in the fish as more than pretty decorations that need occasional maintenance.

I have a 29 gal freshwater tank with lots of plants, 2 blue gouramis, and a small assortment of tetras & mollies, a tiger barb, as well as a pleco and a snail.

Here's a photo:
Aquarium_3119.jpg

I had ignored the tank for several months while I was finished my biology degree (ironic, I know) but recently cleaned it out and changed out the water. (the test readings for nitrate were off the scale, and still are high. My bad.)

I did this in large part because there's a baby mollie in the shrubbery at the back. That was a complete surprise. I kinda figured if they were making babies, the babies were being eaten just as fast. So a survivor was a happy surprise.

I have lots of questions that I'll post to specific threads soon. I look forward to learning everything you all have to offer.

Thanks,
Mary.

Back
Top Bottom