New to Hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishnewby

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. I too am new to this site and also new to this hobby. I just bought a 29 gallon tank. I've always had an interest in fish keeping. We currently have a 10000 gallon koi pond that keeps us busy but wanted something to enjoy indoors as well. So far I have the tank up and running for two days now and have added starter bacteria to get things going. I also have added five dansio fish to help cycle the tank. We have an API test kit and plan on doing frequent water changes as needed. Not sure what to do after testing parameters are adequate though. Do I need to do the 90% water change after that? It seems like I would lose all my good bacteria doing such a large water change. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Welcome to the community.

Your Beneficial Bacteria aka BB, develops mostly in the filter material, not in the water specifically.

Please check out our Article section ond in my signature is a link to the articles including one about "fish in" (the tank) cycling.

You can post your questions in Getting Started Freshwater section and get more direct help.
here
Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Good luck and enjoy learning here!

Best regards,
Autumnsky

Back
Top Bottom