New to hobby & Goldfish in trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leosdragyn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:confused: Good evening. I never thought I would be keeping fish, but here I am! Have had one comet goldfish for 2.5 years in a 10-gallon Aqueon tank. Had no idea until last week that it was not the best arrangement! Fish was swimming like one side of its body no longer worked - lays on the gravel struggling for air most of the time. Just when I have given up, it will swim around. May be nitrite poisoning. So I set up a 37-gallon tank, and based on the water readings, decided that the new tank (uncycled) was a healthier environment than the old one. Moved it into the new tank without improvement. Moved it back into the old tank as the smaller size is easier to manage water quality (it's the hospital/quarantine tank). Unfortunately I scrubbed the old tank and removed all of the used media. So I have two uncycled tanks and a fish that ay never recover! I feel terrible. I have a bunch of chemicals/water treatments at my fingertips, but hesitate to do anything else without a clear plan. Feels like a huge experiment.

Indecisive and hesitant!:banghead:

Back
Top Bottom