New to home Aquariums very excited!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ichthus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all

I recently got interested in marine fish keeping and decided to get a 200 litre tank from ebay for £130 (i hope this is a good size i plan to have 10 fish and corals) with a mat which I thought was a bargain however it comes with no hood or stand so I will have to get those separately, which I don't mind because I know some of the hoods that come with aquariums aren't suitable for marine, so this way I will be able to choose exactly which I get. Since I cannot afford to purchase everything at once I plan to spend about £100 a fortnight until I have all the gear I need.

I have no experience in fish keeping but I am a quick leaner and avid researcher when I am passionate about something and the idea of having a mini Great barrier reef in my living room has got me really excited. I think having a small piece of nature in your own home is really cool!

I know most people say to start a freshwater or tropical aquarium first and I understand that but I am confident with enough patience and the right advice I can get this right.

Anyway I think that's enough for now. :)

Back
Top Bottom