New to Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New2reef

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!

Just joined today! Will be looking for advice with my first reef tank! I have had fish only sw tank in the past (triggers, lion fish), but am now trying the more peaceful reef scene.

I setup my 125 gal tank 3 months ago, but am already worried. My GSP mat was doing great, but has now stopped growing. It opens daily, but seems like it needs a boost. My blue mushrooms are also fading to a dull denim color rather than the bright blue.

My leather toadstool and green Ricordia are doing great. Water parameters are good ph 8.2' no ammonia, nitrite, or nitrates. Salinity 1.025.

No fish yet. I'm worried because my gsp has stopped growing. I have 4 T5 lights and 2 actinics running 8 hrs/ day. Looking forward to being in this group

Thanks!
Reef Newby

Welcome to AA :)! Sounds like a nice tank. Wow you must have been patient to not buy fish yet! What are you planning on stocking it with?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I hope to get a clown fish, dotty back, and maybe a few green chromis. Yet, the reef scene scares me! I successfully raised mean ol' lions and triggers, yet I'm afraid of Nemo! Crazy, huh?

Back
Top Bottom