New to saltwater aquarium hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tumbleweed4829

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am new to this hobby. I have a 40 gallon Breeder with 38lbs cured live rock & about 30 lbs of live sand. I didn't really go through any kind of cycle being that I used cured LR. I am now on my 3rd week. As of right now I have 1 peppermint shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, 2 turbo snails, 6 nassarius snails, 2 hermit crabs, 1 emerald crab (to get rid of bubble algae), 1 Flame angel, and 2 ocellaris clowns. My parameters have stayed the same since the first week. pH - 8.0 ammonia - 0 nitrites - 0 nitrates - 10. Temp is always between 78 - 80. oh and 1 unknown worm/sea cucumber/ sea slug that came out of my LR (I'll post that in the ID section). No one has been able to identify it yet but most think it is some kind of sea cucumber. I am really enjoying coming home everyday to see what new things I find on my LR! I am hoping to get helpful information from all of you in the future!

Attachments

• 2012-03-27_07-13-49_299.jpg
    2012-03-27_07-13-49_299.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 111
Hello. Your tank looks good. I like looking at your equipment.
I see 2 circulation pump, eheim jager heater, marineland hob filter. What is the two black tubes left of the hob filter?

Back
Top Bottom