New to saltwater aquariums and this forum :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heathers.why

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,My name is Heather and I am new to saltwater aquariums. I have always wanted to have an aquarium full of all the wonders of the ocean. I have always had freshwater aquariums small scale and I am notorious for rescuing Betta fish from the little cups and sad life of Walmart. After making my boyfriend take me to see Finding Nemo in 3D for my birthday, he knew I wanted to have a saltwater tank done like the Great Barrier Reef and with all the fish from the movie :)... Three months ago my wonderful boyfriend bought me a 90 gallon tank and built a custom stand. It has been up and cycling for 9 weeks. I have since learned that I can't have all the fish from Nemo as they aren't compatible lol.. My first inhabitants 4 weeks ago were a box set called a clean up crew... It has 2 clams, a serpent star fish, hermit crabs, snails, 3 emerald crabs (only one survived more than an hour) and a peppermint shrimp. Since then I have added 2 OC clown fish 3 weeks ago, a sea urchin 2 weeks ago, and a yellow tang, a foxface, a blue hippo tang, 2 scooter blennies, and 2 red blennies this past week. I added 5 more emerald crabs. I also found out on this site tonight I have some sort sponge that hitchhiked into my tank on a live rock... So far it has been an amazing experience. I am so excited but very nervous to start with corrals and anenomes... That's about all I can think of for my introduction... Thanks for letting me sign up :)

Back
Top Bottom