New to site, hi everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JennTN

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there! I'm Jenn! Some background on some goofy fish moments for me...

I recently moved and had never had the 'pleasure' of waiting for a bacteria bloom before September. It made me think it would kill all my babies! :eek2:
I had many (breeding) mollies in a 29g. Apparently water quality was not taken into consideration when I filled their tank after the move. It got cloudy (almost murky), and killed all but the goldies, algae eaters, and plecos. I was so angry that I had done that to them! I filled their 55g with bottled water (yes, 55g... I got a few funny looks in the store that day), and hoped for the best. It still took at least a month before this tank suddenly (ok, more like over the course of a day or two) was clear. I am still working on the 29g since I removed all of the fish for the time being.

I have had these tanks for several years and this was their first real relocation, and believe you me, I hope I don't have to move them again for quite some time (or to somewhere there is better water quality!).

Moments of insanity, just not thinking. :(
Hopefully I will remember to check here before thinking of doing something so drastic again!

welcometoaa.gif

Hi Jenn,....welcome to our underwater world,....good people and good advice given here,....enjoy the adventure

Back
Top Bottom