New to the Crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Missxstatic

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. My name is Celia (aka Missxstatic), I am new to the website and application. I just happened to come across it while searching for similarly related help.

Throughout the years, I have had a few goldfish. I started out with the tiny tank - which was just a basic designed hard plastic box, with a tiny feeder and lid. Those types of fish and 'bowls/tanks' don't last very long and the fish are boring to look at.

Over the years, I finally decided to purchase a proper tank and began buying bits and pieces for it. I first brought x2 Goldfish Comets and then x6 Neon Tetras - I didn't know the general rule: "if it's big enough to fit inside of a fish's mouth, they'll be eaten". Unfortunately, my tetras died from unnatural causes - not only was I using goldfish flakes, I had brought blood worms and a couple of other foods to experiment with. When I added one of the new foods, the tank was dark and cloudy within hours. I had gone away for the night and didn't know that would happen. So, x1 Comet and x6 Tetras had died. Only x1 Comet remained, but I had brought it a friend within days.

For about 3 years, I have had this tank and some of it's fish. The original Comet has long flowing... Ummm... Fins, flippers, tail lol. But, it's friend doesn't - it is plain looking, with short/small everything. A month ago, I updated my tank from an 18 litre hexagonal to a 35 litre rectangle tank. A few days later, I bought x2 Sucking (mouth) Catfish - I called them 'Catfish Suckers'. My boyfriend brought his x2 suckers on the same day, from the same tank. When we compare the sizes of our suckers, mine have hardly grown and his are ridiculously large lol. I am hoping to get a couple of Bristlenosed (catfish?), as my tank just doesn't seem to be clean.

So for now, I have: x2 Sucking Catfish and x2 Goldfish Comets.

Future Plan:
• Pull the heater out of the box and insert it into the tank (lazy lol).
• Buy x2 Bristlenosed Catfish

Original & 1st Comet:
image-3238675397.jpg

2nd Comet:
image-3084885614.jpg

Sucking Catfish:
image-3575571975.jpg

www.twitter.com/missxstatic

Back
Top Bottom