new to the fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lcollins

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi!

I have a 29 gal. freshwater tank. My first one. I have 3 goldfish which I will be giving away. My keeper fish are a peacock eel and an albino bristlenose placo, I will be getting others, though not sure yet what I will get. I have a piece of driftwood in the tank that I am waiting for it to sink down. I have fake plants and am using sand substrate. I have a hiding place for my eel. But he likes to hide in the sand. That placo loves the driftwood (so do the goldfish). I am eight weeks into my tank adventure.
I find the goldfish annoying because they eat the fish flakes so quickly. I was worried my eel was not going to be able to get anything to eat so I got some worms. I finally saw the eel chowing down on a worm tonight. I am afraid it is too big for the eel. My husband was teasing me and told me to make sure it doesn't choke. The trouble is I have make sure they are too big for the goldfish, and not too big for the eel. The eel is about 5- 6 inches long. The largest goldfish is about 2" . Does anyone have any ideas?

Send the goldfish to a swirling heaven, joking. try feed the goldfish on one side of the tank and the eel on the other side

Don't tempt me on that swirling heaven solution Spiketooth. At any rate, they will be going to a new home tomorrow anyway...

Goldfish and tropicals typically do not mix well. It is a good thing you are rehoming the goldies.

For the eel just don't get fish that will compete for food. Stick with mid to top dwelling fish that won't scavenge the bottom of the tank.

Thank you I like that advice. I will keep that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom