New to the forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IT-FishGuy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Was doing a Google search for more info on Otto's and ran into the forum.

I started in fish back in 88 and had four tanks.

A 30 long that started as a community and then move to Cichlids.
A 35 high that was used for Oscars
A 20 used as a breeding tank for Cichlids
A 55 that was used for saltwater and then freshwater.

I've owned quite a bit of cichlids and saltwater fish.

Cichlids were anything from convicts to Africans
Had a Datnoid in the 55 once upon a time.

Got back into the hobby about 2 to 3 years ago and started with a 30 or 35 high that was given to me. I started a community tank for freshwater with 7 head and tail lights, 7 black neons, 3 cory and one bushnose pleco. Later I decided to run an all planted aquarium with swords and java ferns in the 35.

When we moved I found a 30 long that someone set out to be taken by the garbage guys. It was great, because I had what I needed as far as heater and filter so I could use this as my temp tank for the move.

The 30 long is now another planted tank with Java ferns, swords and red ludwiga. It has about 13 to 14 neons, one recently free angel fish, five striped loaches for the snail oubreak and it had 4 otto's, which I am down to one. I think the snails hitch hiked on a rock that came from lake Erie, which teaches me to boil what I bring in. :wink:

With the advent of the Internet there is a ton more information to pull from rather than in 88 when it was all books.

Welcome to AA and back to the hobby! :)

Back
Top Bottom