New to the forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
So just saying a quick hello to all my fellow fish lovers :) I have been keeping a variety of freshwater fish and different tank sizes the largest being 300litres on and of for about 4 years now with the exception of the smaller fish tanks I had when I was very young and completely clueless. I have also had a brackish tank set up. I'm completely absorbed into this magical very rewarding hobby and love learning everything I can about it. I have had a break from keeping fish for the last 8months as to relocating but am now back in action :D

The tank I have set up now is a 70litre kit I purchased. It has been up and running for about 5weeks now and is fully cycled I did add the two female platies after about a week. Now living in the tank are -5 peppered corys , 6 neon tetras, 8 cherry shrimp as well as both the platys all doing great. One of the platys even had babies yesterday even tho I only got the girls to avoid that . But have to say it was a lovely little surprise cute little critters they are ;) I managed to rescue 5 babies out as they were being hunted by there mother relentlessly! There's still one that was too quick n clever left in there so hopefully it'll keep up the good work and make it. I have given the babies to my cousin now for her 2 young girls to raise n enjoy watching them grow.
I also have some low light plants in there such as java fern, java moss, java sword, Cambomba, Anubias nana attached to some driftwood along with others. I am using aqua soil as the substrate it seems to be doing well and the plants are coming along nicely.

Well that's about it for my new tank for now anyway. I look forward to learning from you all and helping out were I can. Oh and I'm also kind if obsessing over getting a Fluval ebi shrimp setup after falling in love with those little guys in my tank so cute hehe and it's the first time I've kept any.

Back
Top Bottom