New to the Forum and Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XavierMarx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
My name is Xavier, I am new to this site as well as doing fish aquariums.
I started a small 10g tank about two months ago. Started with a simple feeder goldfish, three silver-point tetras, three tiger barbs, and two small algae eaters.
I became excited with that, and decided as of the first of this month that I would set up and start running a 55g freshwater tank! I just set it up as I had mentioned, place live corkscrew and frill plants along with three Bala Sharks.

This is simply a hobby and I don't plan to breed or go any bigger anytime soon. Also, saltwater is too far out of my time and price range at the moment, but eventually would like a small reef tank and saltwater fish tank.
If anyone has suggestions or advice in regards to my two Freshwater tanks I'm always up for conversation :)

~ Xavier Marx

Welcome to AA. I too found it amusing when I first saw the term "AA" referring to this forum. Gotta love it. :p

I can also relate to Salt Water being out of your field right now. For me, it's more of price and maintenance that I can't handle currently, but would LOVE to have a Saltwater tank.

Hello and welcome! I'm fairly new, too and am already on my 3rd tank (though only plan to maintain one) in less than three months. ;)

AquaticDreamer said:
Welcome to AA. I too found it amusing when I first saw the term "AA" referring to this forum. Gotta love it. :p

I can also relate to Salt Water being out of your field right now. For me, it's more of price and maintenance that I can't handle currently, but would LOVE to have a Saltwater tank.

Yeah, saltwater is definitely in the plans when I have the time and money.

callisto9 said:
Hello and welcome! I'm fairly new, too and am already on my 3rd tank (though only plan to maintain one) in less than three months. ;)

I still have my 10g and started my 55g. I'm planning to keep both, simply just in case I need a quarantine tank.

Welcome to MTS! I'm in tank number 9 now, we'll only 7 soon to be 4 when my 20g tanks cycle for my bettas,

Just remember to read read read and then... Read some more =p

Just an update... Since I posted my first introduction about my 55g tank I have added significantly! Here is the current list...

1 live corkscrew plant
1 live frill plant
2 artificial plants (temporary)
1 rock decor

3 Bala Sharks
2 Albino Plecos
1 Dinosaur Fish
1 Black Knife Fish
1 Redtailed Shark

I still plan to add angels and puffers :)

image-2481128024.jpg

Back
Top Bottom