New to the hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mc86

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well I accidentally posted my original introduction in the wrong place (oops) so I'll do it right this time. I don't actually own an aquarium of my own yet. Right now I am doing all the research I can so my first attempt Is (hopefully) successful. I plan to start out with freshwater and over the next few years move up to saltwater. Eventually I would like to have a seahorse aquarium and waaaaay down the road an octopus (which I've heard and read are extremely difficult to maintain). I plan to start with a 20g tank so any starter advice on the right fish to choose would be great! I'd like to have 3 different Types of fish to start but I am not sure how realistic that thought is. Thank you and hello =)

Welcome!

Not many people have the foresight to research before buying an aquarium. I would say go bigger than 20g if you can. You'll open yourself up to more possible fish, and as you research you will find that larger tanks are easier to maintain in some ways.

Welcome & good for you to research BEFORE you get started! There's some great info. under the getting started forum, make sure you check out the stickies there are articles about setting up a new tank & cycling it.

Back
Top Bottom