New to the salt water scene

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterNuB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone. In so glad there's a group for this great hobby. I have a 135 salt water fish only tank. I'm running a Fluidized bed filter (HOB), and a magnum 350 canister filter. I currently have 2 power heads in the tank as well. I just purchased 2 hydro koralia 1400 power heads. The tank has been up and running for 2 months. I have 5 damsels, 2 clowns, 3 shrimp, hermit crabs, and 2 sea urchins. So far everything is going great. Any advice or tips. Thx

Thanks. Do either of you know if a sea urchin would eat a damsel while the damsel is asleep. I lost one of my damsels the other night. No signs of it anywhere. Lol

SaltwaterNuB said:
Thanks. Do either of you know if a sea urchin would eat a damsel while the damsel is asleep. I lost one of my damsels the other night. No signs of it anywhere. Lol

I could be wrong if so someone please correct me. If I remember right the sea urchin is in the top ten to stay away from in the aquarium due to reasons like this

As far as I know they're just Red Sea Urchins. They're only about 1.5 inches in diameter. Everything that I read just says that they eat algae and aren't aggressive. In contemplating removing them from my tank.

Back
Top Bottom