New to the site!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roxanne17

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,
I am new to the site, and pretty new to this aquarium I have inherited. I purchased a Stealth visi- therm heater for my 40 gallon tank. I had to go with a heater that would not break because i have a parrot fish who moves everything and broke the glass heater. I am not sure how to keep the temp at about 78-80 degrees it seems to fluctuate a lot between 70 to 80 degrees, I have a thermometer in place inside of the tank. I do not know where or if any instructions were included with the heater. Am I doing something wrong with the dial adjustment on the heater? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Roxanne17

Welcome to AA!

That is heck of a temp swing. If you are adjusting the heater a lot that could be part of the issue. You need to set it and let it do it's job. That heater has a dial on it that shows temp settings I believe. Set it at 77 and see what it does. I don't trust those settings on heaters but that is a good place to start.

Back
Top Bottom