New to the site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaycee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Last night while feeding my fish, I noticed the start of ick on a few of my fish. I had some API Super Ick cure on hand from one of my bettas coming down with ick but never used it in my filtered tank. I was a bit leary about removing my filter media from both of my filters but did so anyway and put in the first dose of Super Ick cure last night. I am not very comfortable leaving the filter media out and exposing my fish to ammonia and Nitrates and am thinking about purchasing Rid Ick tomorrow and putting my filter media back into the tank as Rid ick allows you to keep the filter media in during treatment. Not sure what to do here. I only gave my fish half the dose as I have Plecos and Corys who are sensitive to the ick medication. I also raised my heat to 80 degrees but no salt because of the catfish.

Any suggestions from anyone who has had experience with keeping the filter media out of the filters during ick treatment?

Welcome to AA! Glad you joined! :)

You may get more answers to your question if you start a new thread in the
Freshwater and Brackish --> Unhealthy Fish section.

Welcome, but FYI this is not the section to post for sick fish questions, you can ask a MOD to move it to the correct location so you get some answers. Just ask them to move it to the Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish section. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom