New to the site, and looking for a little friendly advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nautipus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey there,

Well, as introduction, I guess I could say that I've kept a variety of tanks over the years (currently tankless) and am interested in setting one up for my dorm room. I love saltwater, but I'm open to fresh. It's important the tank remain small (thing 5 gallons and under. Pico sized), but I wanted something eye-catching, and a little unique (doesn't everyone). I've tried to keep my inquiries limited to the scope of freshwater, having not dared to venture into even brackish aquaria. However, I have always loved marine aquariums. Before I continue, I should assert that I am indeed an experienced aquarist. I've kept everything from dragon gobies to cephalopods, and been successful in all of it. It would be foolish to omit the fact that I have, of course, tasted failure and seen the death of fish, but I am a capable caretaker of marine environments. Now that I've been looking around, I see that it would be easier to stock a pico marine tank with interesting animals than it would be to go freshwater. I've seen a variety of setups, one in just a jar, and know that it's possible. What advice could anyone here possibly offer? Think of me as a newbie to the hobby, rather than a returning member, please. I have already looked at Dwarf Puffers, and that is what I am currently going with, but I am open to suggestions. Thanks in advance for any advice or help at all. :)

Back
Top Bottom