New to this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
welcome to the madness!

So, it sounds like you are in the midst of doing some cycling. I agree with Renegade, you want to give your tank more time to cycle with nothing in it. I have a 55 gallon and what I did was seed it from another tank, meaning I got about a pint of water from another tank (make sure the tank you get it from is a healthy one. very important) add that new water to your water and that should speed up the bacteria growth in your tank. get a few guppies from the LFS if you can't hold back on getting fish, and see how they do.

welcome to the madness!

So, it sounds like you are in the midst of doing some cycling. I agree with Renegade, you want to give your tank more time to cycle with nothing in it. I have a 55 gallon and what I did was seed it from another tank, meaning I got about a pint of water from another tank (make sure the tank you get it from is a healthy one. very important) add that new water to your water and that should speed up the bacteria growth in your tank. get a few guppies from the LFS if you can't hold back on getting fish, and see how they do.

Back
Top Bottom