New to this wonderful hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bluydgrl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone..
Just signed up today after spending so much time on the computer to find answers to all my questions.
I just moved to another state after working retail(grocery) for 27 years.And found a job at the LFS as a Supervisor.Not being at all interested in the fish department and just wanting to stay more informed with the other animals and there diets.
Well...That didn't last long.
I wanted to start small and ordered the ecoxotic Eco Pico 5 gallon tank.While waiting for it to be delivered i walked into the local PS and saw the Flavel Spec 5 gallon long tank and had to buy that too.Now i have 2 beautiful tanks with 1 tank having 1 Dwarf Neon Gourami,2 African Dwarf Frogs,Panda Cory,Kuhli Loach.The other having a Gardnei Killifish,2 male Fancy Tail Guppy's and 2 small Kuhli Loaches.
Now i'm going to purchase a 36 gallon Bowfront and will put some of my fish in there.This has been fun for me and i just now have to research the fish i want.Help is always apprecited

I haven't got my new aquarium.But with the 5 gallons i did.
Do you think sand or gravel is better?I know Loaches like sand and i would love to get more Loaches with my new 36

Bluydgrl said:
I haven't got my new aquarium.But with the 5 gallons i did.
Do you think sand or gravel is better?I know Loaches like sand and i would love to get more Loaches with my new 36

Well I have natural gravel and recently switched to sand and I'm very happy I did. I'll never look back.

Welcome to the forum. I recomend you look at the photos of tanks on the forum. I have sand in two of mine and gravel in the other and i love the look of sand. I also believe it to be more easy to clean

Back
Top Bottom